Closing of the acquisition of KLC in Portugal for Atlante

Milan – Lisbon, 9 February 2023 –Atlante, the company of NHOA Group (NHOA.PA, formerly Engie EPS) dedicated to electric vehicles fast and ultra-fast charging infrastructure, announces today the closing of the acquisition in Portugal of a majority stake in Kilometer Low Cost S.A. (“KLC”). This closing announcement follows from the signing of the acquisition documents that was announced on 16 December 2022.

As KLC owns and operates of one of the largest networks of EV charging stations in Portugal, in particular for fastcharging, this acquisition will support the positioning of Atlante as a leading player in Iberia and take the company one step closer towards its ambition to become the largest fast and ultra-fast charging infrastructure in Southern Europe.

The closing of the transaction took place following full compliance with customary approvals and regulatory consents, including consent to the change of control by key stakeholders and clearance by the competent antitrust authorities.

The transaction consists of Atlante acquiring 60% of the shares of KLC for an equity consideration to the sellers of around €4.5 million, whilst granting Atlante an option to acquire and the selling shareholders a symmetric option to sell to Atlante, the remaining 40% by 2024 for an equity consideration ranging from €1.7 million and €6.7 million depending on the achievement of specific targets in 2023.

Share this article:

You might also like